CHANDIGARH: The Government of Punjab has issued fresh guidelines for the opening of schools from October 15 onwards. According to the fresh notification issued by the Punjab government, only classes 9 to 12 will be allowed initially and not more than 20 students per section will be allowed.
The following are the guidelines issued by the Punjab government in this regard: –
In a related development, the Punjab School Education Department also announced the dates for the State Level Talent Search Examination (Stage-1). The exam will be held on December 13, 2020.
The Punjab School Education Department has announced the dates for the State Level Talent Search Examination (Stage-1). The exam will be held on December 13, 2020.https://t.co/EnCvwz2kNl
— Government of Punjab (@PunjabGovtIndia) October 7, 2020
Importantly, the Punjab Health Department had on Monday ordered the closure of all COVID level-1 facilities in the state because of a drop in occupancy in these centers.
The patients, admitted to the level-1 facilities, will be shifted to the government-run Level-2 centres. According to the Union Health Ministry, there are 13,577 active cases in the state.
There are about 8,000 beds at 24 Level-I centres. Civil surgeons in these facilities have been asked to relieve medical and non-medical staff.
The Ministry of Home Affairs had earlier released the guidelines for Unlock 5.0 on September 30, 2020. According to its released guidelines, all the state governments have been authorised to take a flexible decision regarding the reopening of schools and colleges only after October 15, 2020.
Here are the key points of the Centre’s Unlock 5.0 Guidelines.
- Online and Distance Learning classes shall continue to be the preferred mode of learning.
- If students preferred to attend the online classes rather than physically attend schools, they can do so as per the MHA guidelines.
- Students who will be attending schools or institutes doubt solving classes can do so only with the written consent of their parents.
- Schools are mandatory to follow the education Department of State SOPs guidelines while conducting classes.
- Attendance will not be mandatory for students.
- From October 15, the colleges/institutes having research scholars of Ph.D and Postgraduate students of Science and technology stream are permitted to open.
- In a closed space, only a maximum of 50% of the room capacity is allowed.
- Lockdown will continue in the containment zones till October 31 until further notice.